Saturday, January 10, 2009

Crystal Castles and break and such

Hey guys, lot's happened since I last wrote on this shit, been busy as hell.

First of all, the fun part!
Crystal Castles and Alex English on New Year's Eve is what I would describe as the most fun I've ever had. Alex English is generally a Glitch DJ, one of the better ones out there I might add (not really saying that much if you ask me) although his live set is more mashups and remixes, the culmination of which was a sick remix of DVNO by Justice. Around this time however, two of my friends got kicked out of Music Hall of Williamsburg for having outside alcoholic beverages and another kid kicked out for taking drinks from the bar, come on bouncers, it's new years eve. Crystal Castles started their set at midnight, and while their set took a while to get rolling (hahaha get it?) when they got movin' it was sick. Alice Glass put on a fairly drunk and brutal show as always and Ethan Kath continued to prove himself as a good DJ. Their set was pretty short, probably due to the fact that they were playing a second show within two hours, and then were supposed to play another DJ set somewhere else, that they neglected to show up to. What really made the show was the crowd. I'm gonna make a rough estimate and say that everyone in that joint was rolling tits, fun stuff. Basically if you ever get a chance to see crystal castles on new years eve in brooklyn, do it.

Sadder part is that I won't be going back to school, gonna live at home and try and make a few dollahs, sorry ya'll

No comments:

Post a Comment